For Patients and Caregivers
Our system gives you access to your own health data and the ability to decide who else you want to receive it. This gives you the ability to manage your own health and healthcare that you have long been lacking.
- Have you ever wondered who has copies of your health records and what information is included?
- Have you wondered whether the specialist you’ve waited months to see actually has the records you authorized to be sent?
- When traveling, have you needed treatment and not been able to share your health history?
- When visiting a new doctor, have you forgotten to share some of your medication details or problems?
You may have struggled to address these issues on behalf of a loved one or yourself.
We solve those problems for you. Using PatientShare, you can choose who has permission to see your records. You can look up your doctors or health facilities and individually choose who has permission and what they can access. And you can authorize the records to be available when you choose. PatientShare provides secure patient-mediated sharing supported by the most current best practices.
How do you get started? It’s easy.
- Open the PatientShare web app.
- Create a logon and identify the healthcare locations/providers that have copies of your data
- Identify which doctors have permission to access your data and what parts of your data they can access.
We use secure, standards-based processes to protect your data through the whole process and to make sure that your providers always have the data you want them to see. For more details, see the “technical approach” page.